 Castle / 1829
1828  |  1830
Subject:
An epoch in my life...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:36:03 GMT

Today was a landmark for me.
It marked a new epoch in my life.

Today I modified my first lego element! (1)

Up 'till now I've seen some really great creations that were created by
painting or modifying lego just a little... or a lot...
For example, Craig Hamilton's pages are full with amazing minifigs and
creatures - I really love it!

I was writing Craig a thank you email for something, and it occured to me that
I never told him how much I admire his stuff, so I did just that. I also asked
him how he took off the Rock Raiders Babe's mouthpiece. He replied, saying
that he used an X-acto knife and that more tips were on his "tips and
techniques" page, which I managed to miss somehow.

Well, I thought, I have an X-acto knife! I've been itching to get rid of that
mouthpice to get a castle face.
So I did it!
And I'm proud of it, it looks great.

If you're wondering about modifying pieces, just try - it's really fun, and
helps your collection too!

So thank you Craig!

~Shiri

(1) Technically, that's not true - I had a printless face that I redrew at the
age of five... but you know what I mean...