 Castle / 17236
  The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

"Hello boat, come to and show yourself. Be warned, if you try anything, you will have an arrow shaft in your chest before you can lift your bow!" "Hush Bjarne, if I meant to harm to you and the garrison, you would be sprouting arrows from your eyes (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Hi George, I like your watchtower. The little dock and natural stone steps are neat. The entrance doors are beautiful (when is Lego going to make 1x4x6 doors in brown?!!!) Your sailboat is also very cool. I like the massiveness of the tower. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Ben, Thanks! I was trying to work within the limitations of not having many gray bricks, so I made a backstory explaining a smallish, crudely built tower. I almost cheated and used muslin for the sailboat, but then I saw the Ewok attack wing, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Harry Potter door piece. I don't see that piece being used that often. As said before; the sail and main door are also interesting. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Thanks Jason, In addition to not having enough gray, I don't have enough doors and such, so Harry Potter sets at clearance prices are a cheap way to get parts. I think I like the Harry Potter doors better than the same sized classic castle (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

Hello! Nice little watchtower! It looks quite compact and solid. The use of different shades of grey may stem from your limited stock of grey pieces but it doesn't derogate the model at all. Quite the contrary! (...) Hey, Don't say the quality of (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) I too like this tower. What makes it come more alive is the back-story you give it. Well done! It has a true-to-Norse-life feel to it. Old Norse behaviour was brought to my attention through the book "Farfarers" by Farley Mowat. It's more of a (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Alan, Thanks, I am going for a Norse feel, though my dialogue comes mostly from reading Conan. I should look for Farfarers, thanks, George (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Jojo, Thank you, I tried to stick to dark grey for the rocks the tower is built on, and lighter grey on top, but some of those BURPS are hard to work with. I will keep the fog idea in mind, I expect to have many foggy MOCs. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Cool moc George. As others have said, the dock is very well exceuted and draws the eye with detail. I like the simplicity of the tower, it looks quite believable. Again, well done. If some of your inspiration was the Conan novels, where is (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Great idea for a moc! I was particularly intrigued by the small boat with the wing for a sail. Thought the tower could be a little more irregular in shape or show damage from erosion. This diorama nicely sets the mood and location of the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Ryan, Thanks! I like the boat, though a bigger dragon boat is stumping me, I've seen a few MOCs that I may revisit for inspiration. Hmm, erosion, ahh, when the northmen get tired of drinking, they fix up the tower! No, really, that's a good (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Watchtower at Fjordthrotte

(...) Keith, Thanks! Hmm I could make a Juma, but I'd need a minifig of color, I should get some NBA sets. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)