 Castle / 17143
  A Classic Confrontation

Hey All, Here is something I worked up in the last couple of days. (URL) It is the classic battle of Black Falcon's versus the Crusaders. I built the landscape first and have had it done for a couple of days. But today I added one tree like Jason (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Hey Josh! (...) Nice classic scene! (In case you can call a bloody battle scene "nice" :-) Parenthesis closed) I hope the Black Falcons are going to win? Of course they do! They are undefeatable. Just one complaint: A Black Falcon wears never (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) Love it to say the least. Fav pic? (URL) angle and feeling, i sense the urgency as the Falcons race up the hill and those crusaders wait with death on their minds. The angle and focus makes it seem like a first person view, as an attacker. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) Ah, and in all of its glory, I believe you really caught the essence of the 'dogs' of warfare here with soldiers clashing in basically every way possible. (nice to find the crusader ducking in a tree stump for shooting cover!) I still can't (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Hi, jep - the Falcons should not wear Dragon Master helmet ! But I think the crusaders will win !! 'cause of the higher position of the archers and the better placed swordsmen etc.... It seemed that the falcons are the evil, 'cause THEY crossed the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) Hi Jojo, Thanks for the compliments. I think a good battle can be "nice". Of course, the Black Falcon's are going to win. They have pushed the attack and gained a foothold on the other side of the river. They are undefeatable. Your complaint (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) Hey Matt, Thanks for comments. I tried very hard to get the feel of the chaos inherent in a medieval battle. Yes, that crusader is hiding in that stump. You might be pleased to know that he bought it about 45 seconds later. :) You are right (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) Hey Nick, Glad you like it! I have been experimenting with my new camera and it does those first person views pretty well. Josh (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) Hey Kai, You are right. I commited Lego heresy by putting a Dragon Master's helmet on a Black Falcon. I have since crawled five miles over scattered legos as penance, please forgive me. :) I am sorry to say that the Crusaders lost. The Black (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) One battle lost - the king will be angry about that fight. But the result of the hole war isn't settled yet. :) Funny, my crusaders are fighting against the falcons, too. 'Cause these two are much more interesting and than the dragon's or the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Hi Josh, Let's just call it A Classic Confrontation Reloaded (URL) Twan. (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Goede avond! (...) How do you think will this pass moderation on BrickShelf? :-) Bye Jojo (URL) It's not size that matters. (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) ha! you dutch are crazy! now we know the real result of legalized pot! -lenny who wishes he lived in the netherlands for more reasons than one ;o) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) LOL, I love it! I *must* find a way to do this on a train layout... -Tim (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) Very Funny! I was laughing so hard, my wife had to come over and see. She just shook her head and walked off. :) This could change that old quote about giving a war and no one showing up. "What if someone gave a war and everyone peed instead?" (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

(...) *eg* very cool ! :) sorry for the crusaders - at last they were killed by a 3 year old "godzilla" ( from the knights point of view ). My Daughter ( also 3 Years old ) had some "lego-destructiv-moods", too: Every Minifig with helmet or hat on (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Guten Abend, Danke fuer Dein kommentar. (...) Unaltered? Bribery? By mistake? I dunno, but it did. (...) Would you believe I get mails on a daily basis stating otherwise? ;-) Cheers, Twan. (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Hello Sir Crackhead, (...) Yes, over here we have a constitutional right to insanity. (...) Don't mention. Starting next year smoking will be forbidden in coffee shops (= pot pub). (...) Oh, I can imagine. The sunny welcoming climate, the vast (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Hi Tim, (...) Thanks, I was just kiddin', glad you liked it. (...) Sure, just be careful you don't cause any short-circuit. Cheers, Twan. (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

Hi Josh, (...) I'm glad you liked it. I enjoyed your battle scene, like I generally enjoy your work. Just felt like reacting rather than commenting. (...) That's a good trait in my book, to wisely shake the head instead of saying something useless. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Classic Confrontation

A great way to end a battle! All armies should resolve their differences this way! Stephen (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)