 Castle / 16607
    The Old Mill —Nathan Todd
    Hi all, Here is 'The Old Mill': (URL) It once was a working mill, but that put a strain on certain pieces, so it was sold to a retired black falcon soldier who promptly ripped out the interior and created this beautiful house... Features: Aside (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

        Re: The Old Mill —Joe Meno
     (...) Wow, as a non-castle builder, I'm just looking at this and VERY impressed. Beautiful work, including the landscaping...it's nice to see a nice full set up. (...) But you geared it...so it's forgivable:) Actually, a nice solution considerng you (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Old Mill —Nathan Todd
     (...) Thanks, I was quite proud of this (except for the wheel). It's the first time I've tried a 'full set up' but I think it looks tolerable from all sides... As to the landscaping two words: 'bulk bricks'. But it still has a nice roll. I forgot to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Old Mill —Josh Wedin
     Hi Nathan, Great Mill! It has a lot of detail. I like the bricks on the base concept too. My only criticism is the wheel. It could use some work, but if you were out of pieces, you were out of pieces! Build On, Josh (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Old Mill —Nathan Todd
     (...) Hi, Thanks for your comments. The whell is pretty bad but as I say, I was out of bricks (this whole thing came out of a box just bigger then a shoebox). I still think it's worth a look for the landscape and building though... Did you see the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Old Mill —Twan Theeuwen
     Hello Nathan, (...) That's a neat scenery you're showing, my compliments. I especially like the way you're using the base to build a hill. Seems to me that in this way you can build a large volume with a relatively low number of bricks, while (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Old Mill —Nathan Todd
     (...) Thanks much, (especially for the wheel save : ) )! As to the base your description is more or less what I was aimming for... I put most of my time into making the building 'fit' the scenery, and I think that came out well in the 'weathered' (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Old Mill —Twan Theeuwen
     Hi Nathan, (...) This I can imagine very well. I don't have the particular baseplate you're using here, but I owe the elevated one used for King Leo's Castle (6091). At first I was very happy with the baseplate, my thinking being that it would save (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Old Mill —Nathan Todd
     (...) Hi, Yeah, the king leo's castle plate can be a hard one to 'change' : ) The best use of it is a street out in the woods : ). My faviorite 2 raised bases are the one the Mill is on (you can make anything out of it and it is easy to build (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Old Mill —Andrew Saada
     (...) Nathan, This is a really neat creation. I too read a "weathered" feel to the building. I like the fireplace design...had not thought of that! The baseplate as a way of building a hill is very clever, plus the "driveway/ramp" still works very (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The Old Mill —Nathan Todd
     (...) Thanks! I really liked the fireplace myself. (...) Actually I would never have thought of the base had it not been for the road... (...) Thanks again for your comments, God Bless you, Nathan (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Old Mill —Matt Hein
   (...) Hello (excuse my procrastination to reply), Well, after taking a look at it, I'm happy to say I was pleased with the design, particularly its blocky feel to it since this technique gives the model a more 'built' from scratch feeling. The scene (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Old Mill —Nathan Todd
   (...) Hi, (...) No problem... Most of my replys are late... (...) Thanks! This is my first attempt at 'brick landscape'... (...) This was built entirely out of a shoebox and a slightly larger box of pieces, and a white door was the only one I had... (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)