 Castle / 16717
Re: The Old Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Twan Theeuwen writes:
Hi Nathan,

"Nathan Todd" wrote:
As to the base your description is more or less
what I was aimming for... I put most of my
time into making the building 'fit' the scenery,

This I can imagine very well.
I don't have the particular baseplate you're using
here, but I owe the elevated one used for King
Leo's Castle (6091).
At first I was very happy with the baseplate, my
thinking being that it would save me a sizable
amount of bricks that I might put to better use
somewhere else. But once I started building it
seemed like the base dictated dimensions of my
building to me, which of course turned out not the
be what I wanted to use. So I wound up making
all sort of superficial structures to "correct" the
baseplate. The end of the story was that I put
aside the elevated baseplate and am now using
flat, standard ones instead. For better results imo.

With these experiences I can now all the better
appreciate your succesful use of an elevated
baseplate for supporting a structure.

Regards, Twan.

     Hi,

        Yeah, the king leo's castle plate can be a hard one to 'change' : )
The best use of it is a street out in the woods : ). My faviorite 2 raised
bases are the one the Mill is on (you can make anything out of it and it is
easy to build overhang support) and those corner road or river bases from
the new woodsmen and islander sets (though they are hard to work with).

          God Bless,

                Nathan