 Castle / 16701
Re: The Old Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:30:16 GMT

Hi Nathan,

"Nathan Todd" wrote:
As to the base your description is more or less
what I was aimming for... I put most of my
time into making the building 'fit' the scenery,

This I can imagine very well.
I don't have the particular baseplate you're using
here, but I owe the elevated one used for King
Leo's Castle (6091).
At first I was very happy with the baseplate, my
thinking being that it would save me a sizable
amount of bricks that I might put to better use
somewhere else. But once I started building it
seemed like the base dictated dimensions of my
building to me, which of course turned out not the
be what I wanted to use. So I wound up making
all sort of superficial structures to "correct" the
baseplate. The end of the story was that I put
aside the elevated baseplate and am now using
flat, standard ones instead. For better results imo.

With these experiences I can now all the better
appreciate your succesful use of an elevated
baseplate for supporting a structure.

Regards, Twan.