 Castle / 14760
UPDATE: Medievil Marketplace (A Common Castle Builders Project)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 04:13:34 GMT

(Sorry for replying to myself but didn't know where else to put this...)

Hey, sorry for my weekend absense, I was camping, but it seems you all have
really put some thought into this.  I have begun to look at all of the ideas
and see that all people agree on one thing: we want a basic, simple to
follow standard, with few limitations.  Correct???

Here is how I plan to help this progress...

1. I will volunteer simple web site design to create a portal for the
projects. I have already asked OzBricks, and if not, my ISP has free server
space.

2. I will use MLCad to make mock layouts of the "standards" from what I can
collect from the posts in this thread.

3. I will contact all people who have actively brainstormed in this project
tomorrow via group email and we all shall discuss this more easily.  If any
one objects to this or wants in, email me copyright@cox.net.

4. Once the brainstorming group has decided on the "standards" via majority
vote, I shall finish a basic site and we shall properly announce the launch
of the Medievil Marketplace project!

Brainstorming group look for my email tomorrow, everyone else, wait
anxiously and start brainstorming for your first market shop/stall!

Jeremy

In lugnet.castle, Jeremy Scott writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jason Maxwell writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeremy Scott writes:
One word - "marketplace"!

The market place was the center of the medevil town.  Now we castle builders
need to become merchantmen instead of army generals.

A market stand is built onto a "plot" - say 15x15.  The "plot" may either
have 1 corner or no corner.  Merchandise can be anything.

I really like this idea.  Not sure what you mean by "corner" though, do you
mean the stand is a corner stand so that there are two sides of it open to
the shoppers instead of just one?

Yes, the marketplace would be on a street or road.  You can build your stand
to be literally just a stand, or it can be a building multiple stories tall.

The road idea means we can connect our market stands together when we would
meet at conventions or local club meetings.

I would think 16x16 would be a more natural LEGO plot size.  Do we want to
have build in connectors bwetween the stalls, or little alleyways between them?

16x16 is what I meant ... LOL.

I might have to work on a weaponsmith's stall this weekend.

Yeah.  Lets make some prototypical marketplace stands and see how it works.
We .castle builders may have our own moonbase.  Note the changed subject line.

Jeremy