 Castle / 14702
Re: we need some "pod" rivals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:32:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Erick Jensen writes:
I've read a thousand posts in .space about a new pod-ship somebody built.
It's really making the quanity of posts castle vs space lopsided.  We need
something to build here to compete.  Anybody got some ideas?  Horse-drawn
carriges?  Maybe a vessel built around the row-boats of castle/pirate sets.
I think we need some fresh ideas to get us building more.  I realize we're
all building but a large castle, takes forever, we need something small that
can be built and shown in a day.  Mostly cuz I'm bored.

Probably due to the fact that sets like Star Wars, etc are so
prolific in the market right now, and it takes a lot of
patience to build a good sized castle creation, not to mention
all of the intricity involved.

Not to say that space isn't intricate, but the fact that space
ships usually come in smaller sizes, and the designs are nearly
infinite, due to the large amount of science fiction out there
(babylon 5, star wars, star trek, etc.) I don't see many castle/
fantasy related content, unless I watch the history chanel, or
anime, or draw it myself.

Besides that, it's not really surprising that space is getting
more posts. All that commotion about castle world being "dead"
probably turned a lot of people that would have otherwise flocked
to castle to alternate areas of interest.

Speaking of which, most smaller castle creations are a bit
limited. Most of what I'm used to seeing are shops, villages,
boats, fortresses, etc. I guess for some that gets boring
after a while, not for me, though...

Would like to see a mercantile caravan, or a romanesque
carriage, though. That would be tight.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast.

Not to say I favor any theme over the other. My novella
is half space, half castle, so is my collection as well...