 Castle / 14526
    Gothic —Johannes Koehler
   Hello! ...just announcing a little four-picture-series I built for the Midnight MOCkery Contest: (URL) just a little scenery which nevertheless cost some bricks. Now I almost completely ran out of grey bricks. (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Gothic —James Stacey
     Awesome! nice work. -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:H3Dpyw.4t5@lugnet.com... (...) almost (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Gothic —Ted Welsh
     "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?" Delightful, Jojo. I've always loved how well Lego does Gothic. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Gothic —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Great Movie! Becket as Machiavelli. Great MOC too. Nice use of the mosaic plates. There's one grey detail at the base of the arches -- I can't quite make out what that element is but I suspect it's technic. The element in question looks almost (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Gothic —Johannes Koehler
     Hello! (...) Thanks! (...) Indeed. It's a Technic Engine Cylinder Head: (URL) they produce these parts transparent-coloured now. They were much cooler simply grey. Bye Jojo (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Gothic —Thomas Garrison
     (...) entire collection, multiplied several times over! Very nice, especially the hinge bricks in the columns and the mosaic floor. -- TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. "Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest. . (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Gothic —Bruce Hietbrink
      (...) I was counting hinge bricks and there are like 60 in that one column. (!) Beautiful creation. I love how the long vertical lines give you a sense of a huge space. I'd like to see photos from a wider angle just to see how you constructed this. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

          Re: Gothic —Johannes Koehler
      Hello! (...) Hr-hm... I have to confess that just this one column is built with hinge bricks. This little project started when I tried tu find a good use of these bricks. I thought I'd have many of these but there are just enough for one column. Now (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Gothic —Johannes Koehler
     Hello! (...) OK, I do not have only castle sets and parts in my collection. So I happened to have some transparent car-headlights and so on. I have to admit though that transparent bricks are also all gone... (...) Thanks! Bye Jojo (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Gothic —Stephen Wroble
     Hallo! Great work Jojo! The level of detail is fantastic. I like the detail in the columns, it looks like you used 1x2 hinged bricks to create the half-columns along the main column. I also noticed that you built the stain glassed window sideways! (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Gothic —Daan Bargerbos
     (...) Hello Jojo, better late than never: great pics of a great MOC. I like your usage of hinges in the pilars and are amazed as what you've accomplished with teh window! Thanks for pointing out the use of the technic brick in your pillar. I'll try (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)