 Castle / 12960 (+20)
  Re: Is it worth it?

(...) Get the set. Grab your car keys, hop back in the car and get back to the store before it closes, casually saunter back down the aisles to where you saw it and hope it is there. When you get it home you can inspect the box before opening at (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is it worth it?

(...) Ack, that's *you're* welcome. Yeah, happens to the best of us! (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is it worth it?

(...) I have to agree with Maggie-- this is a great source of: -cool torso's -1 of the only three *good* raised baseplate prints ever (IMHO) -great source of 1/4 octagonal brown castle wall corners (great for trees) -great for foliage * inverse (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is it worth it?

(...) um, I think this is supposed to say "Your welcome in .castle will be worn out if you do not go buy this. :-) " I can believe that Maggie may have hit send too soon, but NOT that she would make a grammatical mistake. FUT .fun ++Lar (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Brickshelf Pictures

(...) I'll be waiting for some new pics! I understand the need for lighting... my old camera was that way, I actually had to wait till it was sunny to take my things outside for decent light. Then I learned how to use a normal incandescent light (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is it worth it?

(...) I wished I had bought more of these when I realized I was paying more than $50 just for the "tree" parts. Those make the set worthwhile for town and train fans also. (...) Wow, $12 for a MMTL, that's an awesome deal. Frank (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragon Head

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:GuHM4n.76z@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) yet... (...) Dave, as always you've come up with something very cool...you have to finish him! I would have a roll for him in an up & comming brikwars (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle Wall Piece Weight

I know this sounds a bit stupid- but never owning a castle or pirate base, I'm planning on buying some castle walls off bricklink. What I want to know is how much one generic castle wall piece (such as the grey ones on the side of the gaurded (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Wall Piece Weight

(...) Not really - just odd. ;-) (...) I just tried in my kitchen scale. 8 pieces weighted close to 40g, so the generic part should weight around 5g. The margin is rather high, I'd say around one gram. I'm sorry I cannot provide you with the weight (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Wall Piece Weight

(...) Thanks. Hmmmmmm... Thats alot of castle walls I could get for resonable oversea shipping. As for building- the usual. You know, castles, villages, carrages,hideouts, river crossings, fortified ledges, insane barons. :-) My main problem is that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Wall Piece Weight

(...) Quite so. In fact, it is one of the few pre-assembled parts from LEGO that I see as "advantage only". Even when shipping! (...) I like the latter! :-P Do you have any idea so far if you will be focusing more on the "civilian" or "military" (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Wall Piece Weight

In lugnet.castle, Pedro Silva writes: <snip> (...) Well... again, my lack of castle stuff will probablly force me the peasent way, right now I'm making a semi-robin hood idea exept using less violence and a bit more politiking and hiding out. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  cool stuff on brickshelf

I've been really busy this past week, so I may have missed if someone posted these, but I was looking on Brickshelf and found some awesome MOCs! both are not quite minifig versions of actual castles/manors that are done equisitely! they are really (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: cool stuff on brickshelf

(...) Very interesting designs there! What really intrigues me was how they arranged the castle walls to form extra spacing. Ingenius! (...) Well, how could you ignore them? I'm usually drawn to anything castle, so I guess now that I'll have to get (...) (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  The Kingdom of Ikros gets a new address

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... All work and no (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Ricky Richdiculous

Well, there is this Richard who has inherited an immens amount of money in the form of the legacy of his beloved parents. A long story it is that tells how his parents became so rich. A story that has to be told another time. This story is about (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dragon Head

Awesome, looks like a sea serpent of sorts! Magnus (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Kingdom of Ikros gets a new address

Nice site anthony! I am afraid I liked your old one, on geo(french).com, so much that I overloaded it 3 times in one day looking over the story. Possibly why you moved... (...) More than once... (...) Well, you know, I actually forgot to do that... (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Castle Wall Piece Weight

(...) It sounds like a good idea to start. Go for it! Tips: use a lot of arches, to give ceilings the "hole" look. And maybe an innocent construction above to divert attentions, who knows?... (...) I'm not *that* older... but I remember the time I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Wall Piece Weight

(...) Hi John, I have bought overseas several times and, Germany, Denmark, etc... Most of the sellers try to keep the shipping rates fair. If you are looking for dark grey or light grey castle walls, bricks4you.com out of Denamrk is the way to go. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact