 Castle / 12965
Re: Is it worth it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:46:33 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Schroeder writes:
I just wanted to see if anyone out there has a copy of 6079 (Dark Forest
Fortress).  I saw one in a store today, and I was wondering what people
thought of it, whether or not it was worth getting for $50.  Looking at the
box, I wasn't too impressed, but I wanted to see if anyone had opinions on
how it looked once built or what not.  Thanks ahead of time.

I have to agree with Maggie-- this is a great source of:
-cool torso's
-1 of the only three *good* raised baseplate prints ever (IMHO)
-great source of 1/4 octagonal brown castle wall corners (great for trees)
-great for foliage * inverse 1x5x4 arches (more great tree things)

Anyway, it's worth it. I think. You can always sell it for full price if you
decide otherwise :)

I wished I had bought more of these when I realized I was paying more
than $50 just for the "tree" parts. Those make the set worthwhile for
town and train fans also.

It's also way old (1996), which might mean hidden markdowns. In a TRU close
to me I once found a Mystic Mountain Time Lab (also 1996 set) with a price
sticker of $50. I thought it was a great deal until I got to the register,
where they told me it was even MORE marked down to $12!

Wow, $12 for a MMTL, that's an awesome deal.

Frank