 Castle / 12873
Re: -CASTLE _4_ EVER-
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:47:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rick Cuijpers writes:
In lugnet.castle, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.castle, Adam Murtha writes:
Has anyone from Lego said what the new helmet for 6075 would be?  I've
browsed through what Jake said but didn't see anything.  The only attraction
to the 6075 castle for me is the minifigs and gear.  If they will not have
the same helmets and other accessories, then I don't see what the 'Legend'
would be about.

Read the description:

http://www.LEGO.com/build/features/legendvote/default.asp

Judging from the description of the legend, I assume that the helmets will
just be the regular visored helmets that are used in castle nowadays.

"If the Yellow Castle becomes a LEGO Legend and is reissued, the knights'
helmet and visor would be a little different from the original, updated to
be the SAME shapes as modern-day LEGO helmets." (emphasis added)

I agree with you.  The rerelease of 375 will probably have standard pointy
visored knight helmets.  But it would be cool to have a red and a white one
of those!  Plus the armor is cool, and the description doesn't say anything
about changing that.

And if this is the case I have to agree that there really isn't much that
makes the Yellow Castle re-issue a true legend.

Rick.

BTW: You will honestly have to admit that Main Street is a better classic
than any of the two castle sets (I am already hiding under my desk).

Town?  Ick.