 Castle / 12860
Re: -CASTLE _4_ EVER-
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 05:06:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
I'm thinkin’ that Castle-heads are in a real bind!

Yes sir.

Although I find the 6074 (Black Falcon's Fortress)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6074
to be the superior Castle model I'm still gonna
vote for the classic  6075   (Yellow Castle)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6075_2

I agree.

                 Why you ask?
                 ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
-Well the original does have *14* soldiers!
-A great flag and minifig body armor!!
-And the original goes for $3000.00 new in a box!!!
(Therefore, I'd never be able to get a mint condition 6075
in a box and with instructions…this is my/our only chance!)

And this isn’t even the MAIN reason for choosing the 6075.
              ~The NEW CASTLE VISOR!!!!!!!!!
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
How cool would that be.
There’s a good possibility that the mysterious castle visor from
the Monty Python video could well be the replacement.
http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon3/lego/newvisor.html
Just think of an army with this wicked visor. (4 in a set)
[I'd buy at least 3 sets)

Umm.... no, I don't think so.  I'll explain further down.

And it gets BETTER!
The new SUPER-Visor will come in 4 different colors!

<begins to hyperventilate>

Ok, first of all I don't like the Montey Python visor.  You can disagree, you
are entitled to your opinion, as am I.  And I don't like it.  I feel it's just
too big.  The current crusader style visor is comically big to begin with.  Any
bigger, which the Montey Python seems to be to me, and it's just ridiculous.

Go ahead and flame me for my different opinion, I'm wearing my asbestos
underoos.

Secondly, on the website it reads,

"If the Yellow Castle becomes a LEGO Legend and is reissued, the knights'
helmet and visor would be a little different from the original, updated to be
the same shapes as modern-day LEGO helmets. "

This translates in my mind (and I'm not alone in my interpretation, Troy backs
me up on this one) to that the old space helm part of the helm will be replaced
with the new helm base found on the crusader helm.  The visor, based on this
interpretation, would only be refitted to accommodate the larger helm base.
This would mean that there wouldn't be some new fangled mystery helm released
with the set, but rather the same knights with slightly bigger visors and
helm bases.

And it would be a good thing too.  I own 6 of these older helms, and those
visors pop off at will.  A larger, stronger visor made from the new ABS would
be a WONDERFUL addition.

It’s like 4 different visors, tons of body armor, swords galore, and your
very own CLASSIC CASTLE.

          The 1st is still the best,

                                     --==RïçhårÐ==--

P.S. if ever I should get my hands on a 6075 I swear I'd hug the box…for a
long time… telling it:        “Your home, your finally home!”

You and me both.

--Anthony
http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html