 Castle / 12297
  The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

Hey guys and gals, Well, it took me a while, but I finally finished my new site. It's alot cleaner and more streamlined than my last sites, and IMHO I think it came out pretty darn good. Check it out! (URL) the way, to commemorate this site, I also (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) attitude from it (naturally with strong references made to Genesis, etc). Very intriguing, and the writing style fits perfectly. As far as your edits - I think that for what you are trying to do, they are very well done. The ratio of text to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) I'd like to echo Pawel's reply, this is definately some of your best work to date. The pictures are very impressive, and the story is well written. I look forward to seeing the site expand. --Anthony (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) I drew alot of inspiration from the book of Genesis and J.R.R. Tolkein's The Silmarillion when first writing these 'creation' shapters. I think the entire idea of, as well as the introduction to a world alive with so much history and mythology (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx Anthony! I'd almost lost the reason why I even attempt all this "Velaria" stuff, and then I took a long hard look at everyone else's stuff in .Castle. I realized that it's all about what any one of us can contribute to the others, be it (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

Very nice work. One question, if you don't mind...How did you do the mullion detail in your Hidden Fortress? I don't recognize these as any Lego parts I've ever seen, but they look extremely professional. (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx for the kind words Alex! The windows of the Hidden fortress are crafted by the Dwarves themselves, so divulging information on their hand-craft is against the craftsmen's code. LOL. But seriously, in the Lord of the Rings set "The (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) If only... (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

a great first chapter and new site! amazingly well done! I really enjoyed your style of writing, and the ratio of words-to-pictures. i eagerly await more! -lenny (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx alot Lenny! I put alot of work into it, so I'm glad you liked it! Plenty more is on the way! -Jay (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

Jason, As I said when you previously posted the story, I really like the whole creation feel of it ((URL) And the pictures you've added really enhance the story. The pictures and story really give the feel of a pantheon of gods that rule your world. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) It's really rather hard to try and explain how a whole world and it's beliefs come about, and I didn't realize this til I started writing the first chapter. Suddenly everything down to the last minute detail must have been explained, and it (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)