 Castle / 11540 (+20)
  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

(...) Thanks for that, I know I had alot there :) (...) I'll have to do that, I was just using the Lego S@H Web Page. Perhaps I should call to make sure as well! (...) Argh! I haven't seen one of those 1200 piece buckets anywhere here in Rochester (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: oops, here is the link for the Lotr update

lol they are great. I suppose if the recent batch of fairly duff Lego sets have given us anything, you've shown us what here very good thanks for sharing -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

<snip> (...) Brett, megabricks are those great big (LEGO) bricks you find under a lot of the Fright Knights and Ninja sets, as well as most recent others. Look at <set:6097> for an example. All the big green bricks at the base are referred to as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

(...) Ahhh, I was thinking Mega-Bloks or something :) I'd never heard the "megabrick" term before, thanks for clarifying! plucky (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  BrickCaster Site Update

Added new Star Wars page, new lego racers page and more DAT files. Damien (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 answers (landscaping)

(...) heya, i think id like to insert some wisdom here. i, too, love landscaping.. and am trying to use it in more of my creations. ive found that hollowing is the best way to get the most out of your brick. in my town glen caer ( (URL) ) there are (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Stuff

heya leah.. these are all really cool. especially the interiors, very delightful to look at. the aquana pynora looks a little 'boxy'.. like a department building rather than an old sage's home.. but the details are spectacular.. i really like how (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some castle scenes...

(...) castle? as a scene itself it kinda awe inspiring for the work you put into to it, but other than that kinda boring. if there was a way to move the eye somewhat closer, like a more dramatic shot. but i dunno how to do that. (...) i like the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes)

  Catalog of Ideas

(...) While I can't keep it up to date, I actually do have a good start at such a reference. See this page: (URL) for example. I have made some effort to index pictures from MOCs which include interesting details. I would love to find a way to split (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

(...) Is this in the FAQ? Other names I have seen or used: - super bricks - base bricks Frank (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Beady Red-eyed Night Scavengers...

*Beady Red-eyed Night Scavengers* (URL) Thank-you so very much for photographin’ those Goblin heads upon standard minifig bodies. They truly look excellent in on Jar Jar's body. Once I acquire a few I'll be sure to paint their ‘beady little eyes’ (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

(...) Ouh, I've got some names… - plate bricks - SSSPBB = Accronym (Super Structrual Support Plate Base Bricks*) - foundation bricks - etc. --==Richard==-- *Kinda has a nice ring to it, don’t ya think? ;) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Some castle scenes...

(...) Thanks! It's actualy the garrison of the Castle Newcastle, which will be appearing later this year. 270 Wurmhold troops. I could move it in closer. (...) Ah, thank you! I never really considered it to be very good. I really liked those arrows (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes)

  Re: 2002 lego studious sets excellent for castle

(...) Can you work your “Majic Number switchin’ abilities” upon the Spider-Man sets. I'd sell my right-arm* to get a sneak-peek on those sets!!! --==Richard==-- *Yes, this is a ‘Literal’ statement, if you can provide the photos I'll begin the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Catalog of Ideas

Frank, this is one good collection (under 'detail'). Some people isolated the details themselves, others have been drowned in big folders now. A pattern catalogue would work from large to small. Because there are so many examples, a hierarchy and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

Johannes, Your translation is excellent. Thanks for putting this together for everyone. Have you added it to the website? (I haven't checked). One comment I'd like to make: Burgherr. Burg = Castle Herr = Mister The way I read Burgherr is that it (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

(...) I was half joking. Although I did start from scratch. :) (...) As a Muse, when you have time could you post some detailed pictures on how the castle come apart so you can get into the interior? Also, could you post some pictures that show how (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Stuff

(...) However, I really like all the detail in the interior. Cool furniture. There is a string going around about tips and tricks for building furniture. This could be the perfect start..... (...) with the black slopes for the roof. The color scheme (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Catalog of Ideas

(...) Yes, that IS a nice start, thanks for the link there, I'll have to bookmark it! I do understand the time problem though :( (...) And then send the entire thing to Frank to add into his giant database which he will share with us all ;) Well, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 answers (landscaping)

(...) Yup, I saw those pictures before, and yup, thats one way to hollow out a hill it looks like :) Yes, it is a little too steep, but I think something more gradual is difficult in the space you were trying to fit it into... (...) This is one of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact