 Castle / 11525 (+20)
  Re: 20 questions (Building, ideas, supplies)

Brett, these are all very good questions. (...) About a year ago I imagined a catalogue of frequently used building ideas, inspired by C. Alexander's "A Pattern Language". (URL) right now, the best thing you can probably do is look at a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roman-theme LEGO

(...) Well, it was a good guess, but there are a few better places... ;-) (XFUT .build.minifigs, .build.ancient) (...) One question though... I'm not clear on what makes the "archers" archers... the guy's holding the sword... ;-) I also thought I'd (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

Wow Jon, I can't really say anything that everyone else hasn't said already, but that's an amazing castle. Personally, I LOVE the grey/dark grey combination, and the green landscaping outside is just awesome! The modular wall effect you worked into (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

Hey Brett! I'l tackle what questions I can and see what I can do! (...) We-ell, you never really can tell. Sometimes they appear, other times they don't. The BV accessories, e.g., were Europe-only for a long time and then became available for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

(...) middle of building a castle myself and this one has upset me so much I've torn apart mine to start from scratch. Was this designed on paper first? The battlements and towers all fit together so well. I have my new inspiration... (...) Ich (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

James, it's not always what you put in that is remembered, often times it's what you don't put in. My mother always said that a gentleman is a man who can play the banjo, but chooses not to. I think your display has an openess to it. It makes the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry

Wilson, Thanks a bunch. It seemed like a risk while I ws building, but I'm pretty pleased with the two tone walls. The modular wall sections were put in so I could arrange the minifigs and photograph the the courtyard. Thanks again. Jon (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roman-theme LEGO

Kyle, Hey this Roman stuff is awesome. I'm looking forwrd to the next post. Are the torsos stickers? anyway, I love your stuff, post more often! Jon (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Some castle scenes...

Greetings to one and all. I've been making some scenes lately, and I was wondering if I could get your feedback on these two: (URL) one note about the "atk.jpg" one. It is a picture of a "keep" that I made a while ago, but didn't think it was good (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes)

  im joining the island of mist

first sorry about the spelling. i am dropping that and going strait to the island of mist stuff. my camera has a mist affect so its going to be so cool. its not my spelling though its my typeing. i do it to fast. so now i am typeing extra slow. well (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  anthony savas epic

you know i have seen plenty of movies that are epics lord of the rings harry potter star wars. i have also played epic games breath of fire final fantasy. and i have also read epic castle world stories but none as good as anthony savas. maybe he (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

Hello! (...) Thanks :-) (...) That's what I anticipated about the babelfish translation :-/ Unfortunatelly English is not my mother tongue (you guessed it). And I didn't have enough time before christmas, so I didn't even try to make an own (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  New Stuff

Hi everyone, I have new pics of some recent MOCs. (URL) thousand years ago, Aquana Pynora was the abode of the wise man, Arlow. Those in need of guidance, protection, and healing, traveled there to see him. It was considered a haven from the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Falckenstein Castle - My entry for the ISCC

Hello! (...) Oups, it was not intended to frustrate you or something like that... (...) No. I just had in mind a few ideas of details that should be integrated. And the footprint was determined by the inner measurement of two Shop-at-Home packages (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 questions (Building, ideas, supplies)

(...) Ahh, too bad you didn't roll with the idea then, then it'd be all ready for me now ;) I had thought of compiling pictures from Lego instructions, but that big ole problem of Time hits. Maybe one day I'll be able to! Between 40 hours of work (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

(...) Thanks for that, I know I had alot there :) (...) I'll have to do that, I was just using the Lego S@H Web Page. Perhaps I should call to make sure as well! (...) Argh! I haven't seen one of those 1200 piece buckets anywhere here in Rochester (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: oops, here is the link for the Lotr update

lol they are great. I suppose if the recent batch of fairly duff Lego sets have given us anything, you've shown us what here very good thanks for sharing -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

<snip> (...) Brett, megabricks are those great big (LEGO) bricks you find under a lot of the Fright Knights and Ninja sets, as well as most recent others. Look at <set:6097> for an example. All the big green bricks at the base are referred to as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)

(...) Ahhh, I was thinking Mega-Bloks or something :) I'd never heard the "megabrick" term before, thanks for clarifying! plucky (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  BrickCaster Site Update

Added new Star Wars page, new lego racers page and more DAT files. Damien (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact