 Castle / 10915 (+10)
  Re: Cannons?

(...) Ohhhhhh, and I was going to leap all over that one, too! (...) Do you barbeque misteaks? Perhaps it is a Humpty-Dumpty portmanteau of mesquite smoked steaks? Please cite all references and use only original sources. :-) Bruce (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval warships

(...) You're looking at building a cog, developed on the Hansard coast in the 13th-14th centuries, or a nef, which wasn't a double-ended ship and had a modern rudder. Other purely European ships had some provision for oars. It's worth noting that (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

To Whom It May Concern: I have placed three images of what appears to be a new castle visor on the following webpage: (URL) images are from the AMAZINGLY good Monty Python and the Holy Grail / Camelot mini-movie on Lego's website. As others before (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) I just assumed that they custom made that piece for this specific skit - ala custom making the shields and cutting off the wings from the Batlords' helmets. The mace used in drumming would also be a custom piece. I would be overjoyed if they (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(URL) O.K. WoW… I Love stuff like this!!! Thanks Mr. Marchetti for the sneak-peek. But is it a possibility that this element has been solely created for this movie? (((lets hope not))) And regards to the helmet itself… it appears as though the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) Who knows? That's why I am <outrageous french accent> taunting them a second time!</outrageous french accent> But check this out: (URL) if the visor was custom for the mini-movie, why not make it and the helmet look more like the helmet in the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) Python movie on the Lego website, I rushed right over to try and watch it, but alas could not because of browser problems or something. Now that I see the picture, the "new" visor looks absolutely awesome. I agree that the helmet under there (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) Is there a proper name for this "teutonic" style great helm?? Keeping this relevant to lugnet.lego: once Space/Town/Model Team are taken care of in the Legends line... My 10375 (2002 mix) Castle architecture is unchanged (unless it's (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego)

  Re: baseplate in 6091/6098 King Leo's Castle

(...) Well, I won't dispute it's a SPUD, but I was more thinking if it had an amusing name, along the lines of: CRAPP: Crummy Ramp and Pit Plate - the baseplate with a ramp and pit. I tend to think of it as the Valley Baseplate, but it's not a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) I've gotta agree with Pawel here, I think it was a custom visor. I can't see Lego going back to the old style space helmet. Jeff (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact