 Castle / 10832
  THE POSTING BLUES

after the long discussion we all just had about posting or highlighting.. id just like to add my two cents. i really like feedback for my work.. now i know i don't do as much by way of cpu effects, and my building isn't as grandiose as is usual.. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: THE POSTING BLUES

(...) <snipped> Leonard --- This is going to be rather long winded -- think of it as a shotgun reply to most of what you've been saying and of your work so far. I like your site; I believe I've said it before - a few months back when you began (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: THE POSTING BLUES

I know how you feel. it is kinda disapointing to post something and have only 1 or 2 responces. Here is some feedback about your creation. I like Castle Pahl, It is a cool small fortress. I absoultly love the Kyamitsu complex. I like the forest (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: THE POSTING BLUES

(...) *SNIP* (...) I'd like to add something as well. I know I said back in june (when I went on my unfortunate and childish rant and alienated half of lugnet) that I woudln't get involved in stuff like this, but things haven't improved. People just (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: THE POSTING BLUES

Anthony I would like to chime in and de-lurk for a minute to support your statement about the whole IOM thing. I've actually stopped coming to LUGNET over the last several weeks because I'm so tired of wading through all the IOM postings. None of my (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: THE POSTING BLUES

(...) Agreed :) It is a lot easier to read than post. Let's make it a group effort to do something about it, but as we all known, apathy is very strong these days ... (...) Yes. My favorite example that I like to point to is Eric K's church: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: The Posting Blues

N.B. I have set the follow-ups to castle, not org.cw. This is because the content has impact on the structure and direction of the castle group as a whole, not just those who do (or don't) like CW. (...) Apathy? Perhaps in part. .Castle (and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Posting Blues

(...) Hmm ... let me see this again: One CAN view the main group (.castle) without it's subgroups (castle organizations, .castle.ninja) with that link: (URL) on the other hand, to read ALL subgroups, one needs to go here: (URL) I correct? -- Pawel (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Posting to JUST .castle ...

(...) Hmm ... let me see this again: One CAN view the main group (.castle) without it's subgroups (castle organizations, .castle.ninja) with that link: (URL) on the other hand, to read ALL subgroups, one needs to go here: (URL) I correct? -- Pawel (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Posting to JUST .castle ...

(...) My apologies, yes. You are correct. I looked at the link without clicking it. It's useful the difference that a * makes. As long as people post to the correct group, this solves half the problem discussed. Now to find some way of boosting (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: THE POSTING BLUES

(...) I am someone who haven't posted in a very long time so I feel very guilty of this. I do read every new post and if I like the creation I highlight it. One way of solving the way people feel ignored might be to add something like in Brickshelf, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) That's a really cool idea - This could allow people to see that their posts are being read, even if they don't get the response that they are looking for. Of course, counters on people's pages usually do the trick as well - you know people are (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Use Skip-Filter settings (was: The Posting Blues)

(...) That does work- but it's a lot more complicated than clicking the Castle link from the Lugnet home page. You can also fine-tune what you will see on the news root page, using the skip-filter settings. This is more complicated too, but only (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Use Skip-Filter settings (was: The Posting Blues)

(...) Not really, it's just one extra click. Scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the "View plain (without subgroups)" link under Reading Options. (...) Yup. That's how I avoid getting baffled by Italian. :) If you don't want to see IoM (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Use Skip-Filter settings (was: The Posting Blues)

(...) Wow. Todd rocks! It's easy to take this forum for granted, but the whole interface is very well thought out. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Use Skip-Filter settings (was: The Posting Blues)

(...) I totally agree. One of the hallmarks of a good interface is that it's easy to take for granted. :) James (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Use Skip-Filter settings (was: The Posting Blues)

(...) Not using bookmarks/favorites. I do most of my Lugnet reading using bookmarks-- for one thing, that's the easiest way to get quick access to groups that aren't on the front page of Lugnet, and secondly I can customize the view (e.g. 50 in (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)