 Castle / 10637
  King Leo's Palace

King Leo, sorely disappointed with the poor quality, shoddy workmanship, and overall unsafe conditions of his former castle (#6091), is proud to announce the completion of his new residence –The Royal Palace-. Nearly 40 years in the making (that’s 5 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: King Leo's Palace

(...) Jon, I've only had about 5 minutes to browse this, and that's a far inadequate time to allow. So far, it's amazing, a great use of Leo's parts. I look forward to spending more time browsing your pics. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Um. wow... You did it again, Jon. Another link to add to my "drool over with envy" file. Your Puerto Bonita and the Desert Keep are already in there. (for any one who wants to look - (URL) and (URL) ) I started a largish castle and it doesn't hold a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

nice castle.. i especially like the bridges and stairwells.. and also that you took the time to photo them. if only LEGO did castles like this.. id be TOTALLY broke! peace -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Sweet! Looks awesome! I like how you got the "palace" look, how you made it look more than just a "castle", by building the keep so high and making it look so intricate. I've never really tried, but I can imagine it must be hard. The two flanking (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

"Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GKr0A6.472@lugnet.com... (...) workmanship, and (...) announce (...) Magnificent! To what extent is the Royal Palace constructed from parts from #6091 (and how many sets of 6091 were (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Kerry, thanks for your post. To answer your questions, only 1 6091 is actually used in the royal palace. However there are two "Royal Jousts", and around 7 "guarded Treasuries" included in the set. The lack of Basic brick elements in these sets (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Thanks for Checking it our George, this weekend I'll be posting more photos. I appreciate you comments greatly. JOn (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Good Luck with the braces, I know they are spendy, I hope it doesn/t cut into the Lego Budget too badly. Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it a lot. I'm glad you liked it. This weekend I'll be posting the rest of the pics. I'd love to see (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Leonard, Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed the castle. Thanks for posting, I appreciate the encouragement. I totally agree that if Lego would put out some new castle sets that were quality Items, I would be broke too! (well maybe not, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Magnus, I'm afraid you have stumbled upon my little secret! I am completely out of Grey Bricks and plates! I agree with all of your comments. In fact, my original plans for the wall were a lot more grand than they are now, I just ran short of raw (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

(...) I know exactly what you mean about brick shortages cutting into your castle. I was never really satisfied with the curtain wall on my most recent castle (a bit smaller than yours). I xcan think of two doiable ways of "beefing up" the wall: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

It makes perfect sense Magnus, I'm inclined to try the incorporation of Dark grey first, as the curtain wall is made up of 2 wide bricks for the first several layers, then when the "window wall" bricks start, it goes to 1 wide, so the walls are (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)