 Castle / 10226
Re: New MOC: Motorized Viking Longship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Adrian Drake writes:

I've added another couple of images to the page that show the gear mechanism
that drives the cams.  Basically, the motor outputs to an 8 tooth gear,
which goes to a 24 tooth gear for speed gearing.  In the base of the gearbox
are 3 12 tooth bevel gears which take the motor output and send it in two
directions, out to the side to get to the top row of gears to run one set of
cams, and through the center of the ship to get to the other set of cams.
The gearbox on the otherside is identical to this one.

Cool. Thanks muchly for the additional clarity. Mechanisms that impart life
to still dioramas are always interesting and neato!

++Lar