 Castle / 10201
RE: New MOC: Motorized Viking Longship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 02:48:34 GMT

Adrian Drake writes:
Here's my latest creation, a Viking Longship with a mechanism
that's used to make the oars row.

I remember you talking about building this on the way home from Brickfest.
Great job!  I want to see this one in action...soon.  Did you add wheels
underneath so that it rolls while they row?  Nice use of widgets on the
figurehead, even though I can't really tell what it is. You very
successfully combined function and form!  The oars really do need to move,
don't they, 'cause the sail doesn't seem to be catching any wind :)

Congratulations to the castleheads, another mostly spacehead
has made the transition, at least temporarily :)

Better be temporary... :)  Can't believe I'm even posting here.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://bldesign.org/