 Castle / 10204
Re: New MOC: Motorized Viking Longship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 03:01:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Adrian Drake writes:
Here's my latest creation, a Viking Longship with a mechanism
that's used to make the oars row.

I remember you talking about building this on the way home from Brickfest.
Great job!  I want to see this one in action...soon.  Did you add wheels
underneath so that it rolls while they row?  Nice use of widgets on the
figurehead, even though I can't really tell what it is. You very
successfully combined function and form!  The oars really do need to move,
don't they, 'cause the sail doesn't seem to be catching any wind :)

Unfortunately I couldn't fit the rolling in.  I was running dangerously low
on brown bricks and couldn't extend the chassis any longer to squeeze that
mechanism in.  The gearbox that makes the cams work took up a lot more space
than i had hoped.

The widgets are just that, widgets.  It's not supposed to be anything in
particular, it just is.

Congratulations to the castleheads, another mostly spacehead
has made the transition, at least temporarily :)

Better be temporary... :)  Can't believe I'm even posting here.

Oh, it's not so bad.  :)  Don't worry, I still have two space creations
banging around inside my head that I'll be building soon enough.  (relatively)

Adrian