 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 88
Re: My 1st custom highway scene. Thanks Bram!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:39:52 GMT

"Doug Glasnapp" <glasnapd@db.erau.edu> writes:
In lugnet.cad, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Did you use put_car to place the jet too?

Yup lane 3, 50 units away, and 300 as the lower bound.

I'm glad I discovered macros--makes it much easier to place objects like
that.

now that i know the rotation statements, ill see how some bank on the
bird looks :)

You can do rotations about all three axes at once like this:
rotate <10,-20,30>
which (AFAIK) is equivalent to:
rotate x*10
rotate y*-20
rotate z*30

I just got done playing with the rotations, and Ill have a fully
rendered one in about 2 hours or so.

Great!

Maybe sooner, since im not using the trees now.
(dont want to crash the plane!)

LEGO trees would probably render faster...I think at least the round tree
has been modeled.  Maybe I'll see how it looks in the scene.

Something that will help people that d0 not know how to include thier
pov models into another one:

I thought I included these instructions in highway_vehicles.inc.  Maybe
not promenantly enough...
--Bram