 CAD / 3524
Re: My 1st custom highway scene. Thanks Bram!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 02:34:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Doug Glasnapp writes:
Hiyo!
Here is a try at customizing a highway scene using Brams fun highway.pov.

Glad to see someone using it!  Did you play with the number of lanes or
removing the barrier, adding a median, etc, at all?

http://students.db.erau.edu/~glasnapd/lego/raytrace.html
It took my main system under an hour for 1600x1200 with anti-aliasing ON.

It might have taken my machine so long because I included quite a bit of
reflection...

On your page, you write:
The black car is a little number I made to get a low rider
type custom car.  It looks funny because the it is in real
life on a slant, and I have yet to find out how to do the
transformation in POV RAY to fix this minor issue.

Try adding a rotate command to your object:
object { lowrider_dot_dat rotate x*5 }
The 5 is in degrees.  Play with the value until it's about right.  You might
also have to translate the model up or down a bit so it sits on the road
correctly.
You can do this by either adding "translate y*17" (you'll have to replace 17
with the correct value) or by changing the lower bound in the put_car command.
Did you use put_car to place the jet too?
--Bram