 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2748
Re: L3P question concerning MPD files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:44:57 GMT

Florian Haag wrote:
Dean Earley wrote:

Florian Haag wrote:
Hi,
am I mistaken if I presume that L3P doesn't offer any means to
render another one than the very first model in an MPD document? If
so, are there any tools already to help that? Or is it maybe
planned for the next version which I've read about in some articles
here?
My L3PGen program supports this.
When you open a MPD file, it will show a list of all the "models" at
the top allowing you to select which to rerender.

http://www.earlsoft.co.uk/projects/l3pgen/

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Hi,
your programme is written with Visual Basic?
By now, I'm thinking about creating a little tool for doing some kind
of "batch rendering of several submodels from certain camera positions"
and automatical combination of those rendered pictures.
My language of choice for that tool would be C#, and the part that
calls L3P could easily be put into an external assembly (i.e. a DLL).
Are you able to write VB.NET code? In that case (or also if not, Visual
Basic code should be somewhat convertible to Visual Basic.NET code),
would you be interested in contributing to my little tool?

You're free to use the code from L3PGen, but I don't think there is much
of any use bar concepts and lots of string concatenation :)

Personally, I'm not using any .NET based language yet and have no real
plans to.

Sorry :|

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)