 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2742
Re: L3P question concerning MPD files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:11:21 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:

In lugnet.cad.ray, Florian Haag wrote:
Well, can you create a POV-Ray file which will automatically read
in an LDraw MPD file and use settings files or maybe even a GUI to
select submodels from the MPD file and render those to several
picture files?  That would be an interesting idea, of course.

I imagine I can do that in less than 20 lines of POV-Ray code using
an INI script.

Well, great, also with a graphical settings editor?
Is there any alternative for L3P then, which is written completely in
POV-Ray? Or would the POV-Ray script have to call L3P then?

Thanks for improving my knowledge on POV-Ray :-),
regards,
Florian