 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2345
2344  |  2346
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
Problem with MLCAD arrows in other programs - and how to solve it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:48:48 GMT

Hello,

when I used the new MLCAD arrows in submodels, I always had one problem: I
couldn't ghost them. Only MLCAD interpreted the ghosted arrows correctly, the
other programs (LPub, LDView...) didn't. Where's the problem?
MLCAD does not ghost the arrow itself (drawn with triangles and quadrilaterals),
but only the 0 MLCAD ARROW command.In plain text, the arrow looks like this:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2  16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

But when we want a correctly ghosted arrow, we need to type in "0 GHOST" in
front of command line 3-6:

0 GHOST 0 MLCAD ARROW 11 0 0 98 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0  10 4 12 20  3 30 1 2  16 16
0 MLCAD SKIP_BEGIN
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 -5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 86 0 5 101 0 0 96
0 GHOST 3 11 0 0 96 0 -2 98 0 2 98
0 GHOST 4 11 0 -2 98 0 -2 118 0 2 118 0 2 98
0 MLCAD SKIP_END

So if you want to render an instruction of a MOC with ghosted arrows using LPub
(I use version 2.1.0.6), you have to do this - only then the arrows will be
shown in the right steps.
I don't know if this problem is fixed in newer versions of LPub (I'm using Win
ME, so unfortunately I cannot use the new beta version).

Happy New Year
-Sven