 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1818
  vose inspection car render

hey guys, I studied all weekend and after a serious amount of trial and error, I have a rendering that I'd like to share and get some feedback on. here it is... (URL) is done with the Jeroen's radiosity library2. I used ambient light and 2 actual (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

hey guys, the emails about the color libraries came all morning, and i'm glad to say that now I can use all the cool colors from (URL) well as the original colors from color.inc. This souped up render has replaced the orignial. Here is the link. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

Hi Travis, (...) Making a light shadowless is quite simple, just add shadowless: casting shadows: light_source { <90, 12, 20> color rgb 0.5 } not casting shadows: light_source { <90, 12, 20> color rgb 0.5 shadowless } Remember that this only (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

well i'm still at it. and i'm please to say that I think that things are getting better and better. Still not photo realistic, but I think that certian parts (ei... the inverse wedges on the roof) will never render correctly until the part is more (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Yes, it's me again, There are some good tips in the "Digital lighting & rendering" book by Jeremy Birn: You should use at least 2 lights: a key light [KL] (your main light) and a fill light [FL] (to fill the shadows created by the KL) You want (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Well, first you'll need to stop working with the lighting to bring out as much detail as possible from the black brick. Real photos are usually slightly muddy. Also, you'll need to add some digital dust to your model, and make the surfaces (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Example: light_source { <-5107.64,-5423.1,-2948.9> // Latitude,Longitude,Radius: 30,120,6810.19 color rgb 0.8*<1,1,1> shadowless } I've also started to always put a (darker, shadowless) light at the same position as the camera. This way, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: UPDATE Re: vose inspection car render

(...) Hi Rick and others, After reading your post, I took the challenge to make a render as realistic as the above mentioned picture. I took a standard LEGO engine from the 7xxx serie and placed it on a 9V track. If you look close to the Royal Train (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)