 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 153
Re: User POV substitutions in L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:36:55 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote...
Lars C. Hassing writes:
And I can see LeoCAD's code to read the file.

Duh?  I don't understand what you mean by this.

Leonardo Zide has published the source for LeoCAD
(http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dev:3867),
and apparently he knows how to read l2p_elmt.tab and
l2p_ptrn.tab - though he doesn't seem to extract other
info than the LGEO names, so maybe he just hacked the files.

The quality of the LGEO parts library is really extraordinary good.
He must have spent hours and hours composing all the parts.  Its kinda
surprising to see that so few actually uses his library, though.

Yes, beats me too. I suspect it's because you have to operate
in another coordinate system, you have to setup up camera manually
and not all parts are available.
L3P overcomes these issues.
/Lars