 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 149
Re: User POV substitutions in L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:52:47 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote...
"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> writes:

I agreed in August 1999 with Lutz Uhlmann (the author of LGEO) that
L3P could reference his LGEO parts. He promised to send some
technical details about file formats etc, but I haven't heard from him
since then, despite sending him 3 or 4 reminders.

I'ts not too difficult to incorporate LGEO and L3P in the same POV file.

No, the mathematics is easy, just a simple matrix in POV.

But Lutz mentioned something about a special index file
and flags for transparent parts and slopes.

And I can see LeoCAD's code to read the file.

But I would like to do it the correct way, with all bells and whistles
like L2P does, and I would like Lutz's consent and co-operation.
/Lars