 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 151
Re: User POV substitutions in L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:36:20 GMT

But I would like to do it the correct way, with all bells and whistles
like L2P does, and I would like Lutz's consent and co-operation.
/Lars

Since I have already provided the source to Lars, I assume that he would like
to add the code directly to L3P.  He also knows how to deal with the issues I
was unable to fix dealing with where L3P inserts the comment fields.  For now,
I will not cloud the issue by posting my code and causing fragmentation.

By the way,  I had some success by using POV substitutions from Anton's
library with scaling by 2.5 and some rotating.  I would like to point out that
Anton's parts are "pre-shrunk" to show the gaps between bricks and the scale
should be a little larger that 2.5 to account for the gaps added by L3P.  I'm
not sure exactly what the scale factor should be.

-Chuck