 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 148
Re: User POV substitutions in L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:35:54 GMT

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> writes:

I agreed in August 1999 with Lutz Uhlmann (the author of LGEO) that
L3P could reference his LGEO parts. He promised to send some
technical details about file formats etc, but I haven't heard from him
since then, despite sending him 3 or 4 reminders.

I'ts not too difficult to incorporate LGEO and L3P in the same POV
file.  I've done it once to get a high level of details in a wallpaper
rendering:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/v4/

(I was surprised that noone mentioned this.)

What you basically need to do to cram LGEO parts into L3P is to scale
them up by a factor 25 and mirror and rotate them to fit.  (Yes, they
actually need to be mirrored too.)  No offset should be necessary.

Incorporating LGEO parts steeply increases the quality of the image,
IMO.

Fredrik