 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 150
Re: User POV substitutions in L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:35:16 GMT

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> writes:

But Lutz mentioned something about a special index file
and flags for transparent parts and slopes.

Hm, he uses a special "rugged" texture on the slopes, to give them the
correct look.  (This can be done in L3P too, with some manual
adjustments to the POV file.)  Also, he seems to have two definitions
for each part, one transparent and one opaque.

I don't know the details about this.

And I can see LeoCAD's code to read the file.

Duh?  I don't understand what you mean by this.

[...]  I would like Lutz's consent and co-operation.

Sure!  I don't think I would be comfortable if L3P used LGEO without
his consent.

The quality of the LGEO parts library is really extraordinary good.
He must have spent hours and hours composing all the parts.  Its kinda
surprising to see that so few actually uses his library, though.

Fredrik