 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *632 (-20)
  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

I person named Koen requested the .dat file, but I was unable to send him email. The email was "koen.jordens@studen...ven.ac.be" Koen, if you see this, can you please email me back. Your email provider refused my email twice. Perhaps you can use a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

Hey hey now! :) richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:G5Fv65.Hpr@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

I didn't figure it would be all that hard. In addition to what you noted, I would also need a version of the configuration panel which allowed you to select a file to display, as well as (preferably) a way to select the full-screen resolution used (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to get it to launch in fullscreen mode. Maybe the saver launchers have a way around this problem. The startup spin vector problem is another problem, since LDView doesn't have any way of making this happen (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: different idea for cockpit

(...) I found the problem...and it is what I thought it would be :) Basically, what you are creating is a sphere with a speckled texture. The background color of this texture is black, which is why you can't change the background color. However, the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: different idea for cockpit

(...) In my POV file: "(URL) the end, I have this section: // Sky?...Stars?... #include "colors.inc" #include "skies.inc" #include "stars.inc" #declare My_Night_Sky = union { sphere { < 0 , 0 , 0 > , 10001 texture { Starfield1 } } sphere { < 0 , 0 , (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:G5Fv65.Hpr@lugnet.com... (...) Yeah! It lacks any *real* details, like a Michaelangelo fresco on the ceiling! :-) Seriously, WOW! -Peter (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  RE: different idea for cockpit

(...) I use a "fog" object to make the transition from the ground plane to the background smoother. For day scenes, I generally use a very light blue color (like <0.7,0.9,1>). For night scenes, you could use a dark blue <0,0,0.4> or black <0,0,0>. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

(...) It's fairly easy to make a Windows screensaver. There are a few API calls to make and catch, but mostly you just compile to a .SCR extension, and stop your program where there is keyboard or mouse activity. Steve (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

(...) stop building models immediately. :D eric (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

(...) Combine the fullscreen mode with a generic screen saver and you now have what you're looking for. A quick search for "generic screen saver" turns up AnyServer and perhaps several others that will let you use any executable as a screen saver. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  different idea for cockpit

(If you reply to this message, please follow-up to the appropriate, specific newsgroup. Thanks. :-) I came up with what I thought was an unusual orientation for a cockpit for a spaceship or mecha. I quickly built a set of mecha legs for it, and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOTM (Was:Cathedral of Ice)

(...) I was going to submit one too. Guess I'll put it off until next month again. :) Go Brad!! -Tim (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  MOTM (Was:Cathedral of Ice)

(...) think Brad needs to submit this one *immediately* and I think anyone else submitting an entry should just consider it suicidal. *unbelievable*! :) J (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Ray-Tracing Beginner

(...) You'll need 3 programs... POV-Ray L3P L3PAddOn (...) POVRay - DL and install it first www.povray.org L3P - To convert your .DAT files to .POV (URL) - To make using L3P *much* easier (URL) all 3 of these, then use L3PAddOn to select your model (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

(...) It Sucks! =) Like YOU have to ask... -- Richard (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Ray-Tracing Beginner

I know there are a bunch of tutorials and such but I'm still confused. I use MLCad to create my .dat files but that's as far as I go. 1) What are the [minimum number of] and [simplest] programs to create high-quality renderings with? 2) Where/what (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

By the way, I'm still happy to distribute the .dat files by email if anyone wants them. There are quite a few sub-models now. (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

Previously, my Cathedral of Ice was just a thin shell of bricks with no significant interior. Now, I've added a full interior and posted several pictures. Here is the master index (including both interior and exterior shots): (URL) pictures are (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

Hi, as the author of LDView, I've got two things to add. First, since LDView is not an actual screensaver, you would have no way of having it come on automatically. However, as Calvin pointed out, it will run full-screen. In addition, it supports (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact