 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 628
RE: different idea for cockpit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:09:20 GMT

Franklin W. Cain writes:
sphere {
  < 0 , 0 , 0 > , 10001
  texture { Starfield1 }
}

I found the problem...and it is what I thought it would be :)
Basically, what you are creating is a sphere with a speckled texture.  The
background color of this texture is black, which is why you can't change the
background color.  However, the clouds you are including have clear instead
of a background color.  You *can* change the stars.inc to have clear
sections instead of black, if you want to.  Just replace instances of "rgb <
0, 0, 0>" with "rgbf < 1, 1, 1, 1>".  I think that should work.
Hope that helps,
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu