 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 618
Re: Ray-Tracing Beginner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:26:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Nathan Falslev writes:
1)  What are the [minimum number of] and [simplest] programs to create
high-quality renderings with?

You'll need 3 programs...
POV-Ray
L3P
L3PAddOn

2)  Where/what are the sites for these programs?

POVRay - DL and install it first
     www.povray.org
L3P - To convert your .DAT files to .POV
     http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p.html
L3PAddOn - To make using L3P *much* easier
     http://www.flash.net/~onyx/L3PAO/L3PAO.html

Install all 3 of these, then use L3PAddOn to select your model and convert it.
Load the .POV file in POV Ray and start rendering.
Leaving all settings (in all programs) on the defaults will be a good place to
start, you can play with things once you get comfortable.