 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 637
Re: Ray-Tracing Beginner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:00:43 GMT

You need to have the Visual Basic runtime DLL's  installed to use this.
Luckily, this can be downloaded free-of-charge on the web.

Try Here:
http://www.softseek.com/Utilities/VBRUN_and_other_DLLs_and_Runtime_Files/Rev
iew_19823_index.html

Here is another one:
http://hem.passagen.se/fille97/dll/msvbvm60/msvbvm60.htm

Yet another one:
http://dllstar.hypermart.net/

If you need more, go to www.yahoo.com and search for MSVBVM60.DLL

That should fix the problem,

Brad

Nathan Falslev <nfalslev@netscape.net> wrote in message
  I've installed all these programs but when attempting to start • L3PAO(which
looks to be a life saver) I got an 'error starting program' message saying
this:  "A required .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found."
  Did I miss something?  Thanks.

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeff Boen writes:

You'll need 3 programs...
POV-Ray
L3P
L3PAddOn

POVRay - DL and install it first
    www.povray.org
L3P - To convert your .DAT files to .POV
    http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p.html
L3PAddOn - To make using L3P *much* easier
    http://www.flash.net/~onyx/L3PAO/L3PAO.html

Install all 3 of these, then use L3PAddOn to select your model and • convert it.
Load the .POV file in POV Ray and start rendering.
Leaving all settings (in all programs) on the defaults will be a good • place to
start, you can play with things once you get comfortable.