 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *592 (-20)
  Re: Fix for Trans - light - blue showing as trans-dark-blue in POV-RAY

Brad Hamilton wrote... (...) 3) You can also use the extended transparent color 0x399C0F0, (R:153=0x99, G:192=0xC0, B:240=0xF0) which both MLCad/L3P/L3Lab support. (...) If you use color 382=256+16*7+14 (gray/yellow dither) for tan you'll get (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

Bram Lambrecht wrote... (...) Well, I've always used transparent-cyan for windows like in Wave Master (URL) Indy Transport (URL) that correct? I've never found any use for neither light-blue (9) nor transparent-light-blue (41). Is there a color (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

(...) I'll try to work up a sample. But you know how lazy I am, I haven't implemented your fix for the short yellow tubing thing yet either. What is the latest L3Lab version? I may just be back level. (...) I don't do that. They all go in one color (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

Larry Pieniazek wrote... (...) I would be very interested in seeing the L3Lab generated POV file, that makes the render engine choke... If you edit the L3Lab generated POV file, you should be attentive to keep all color definitions together with the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need more power to render.

(...) Well the actual one is nearly 2 MB but pobably is too small for you it takes along time to render in q2 and q3 (q = quality) and it most be render 6 each camera to be able to make a sky box (panorama-like). (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need more power to render.

(...) How big are your .pov files? Dave! (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Need more power to render.

I need some help to render my city model in pov-ray as my pc is not sow powerfull I was thinking doesany of you Linux geeks now if there is a serve that renders files over the net or can anyone be so naice to render some files for me. (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Fix for Trans - light - blue showing as trans-dark-blue in POV-RAY

Here is another sample of conversion to the "correct" color. Here is the original (with the darker trans-blue windows): (URL) is one with the trans-light-blue color corrected: (URL) this case, I think that the "incorrect" (i.e. dark blue) original (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad)

Hi Larry, I just tried using 43 for 41 and it comes out looking way too green. I found the solution though. Check out my next post in lugnet.cad.ray! Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4pro0.64M@lugnet.com... (...) The (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Fix for Trans - light - blue showing as trans-dark-blue in POV-RAY

I recently posted to lugnet.cad.ray asking for a solution to this problem. When you use L3p to convert .dat files to .pov, it seems to convert the trans-light-blue parts into trans-dark-blue. Based on the suggestions, I think I've isolated the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

(...) I'll give that a whirl, thanks very much!!!! However I would say this is "wrong" on the face of it, since it's counterintuitive. If this color 43 is really trans light blue, it ought to be named that in common usage, including within all the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

Thanks for posting this Bram. How would I use this? (Assuming I am using MLCAD, l3p, and then POV-RAY)? Is there a way to make it a global include for POV-RAY? If I have to keep manually including it, that would be kind of annoying. I guess I could (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

(...) I've hacked together an include file which uses Anton Raves colors for the most part, which is closer to the real LEGO spectrum. It doesn't include all the colors (I add them as I need them), but you can get a copy here: (URL) Lambrecht (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

(...) Didn't someone mention an include color file for POV that more accurately portrays the LEGO spectrum? Perhaps this might allay some issues. J (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

(...) Right group, imo. Which color are you using for the trans-light blue windows? IIRC, L3P recognizes color 43 (Trans-lt-cyan) as the color of lightly tinted LEGO windows. Maybe color 41 (Trans-lt-blue) should be interpreted the same way...Lars? (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

(...) If you're wanting use the color for the common light blue transparent pieces, I think the color for that would be 43 trans-cyan. HTH, --Ryan (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

(...) I use L3Lab and I get the same conversion problem. Also, speaking of colors, I noticed another anomaly that may or may not be an L3Lab problem. I had a decorated element that used a color that was not used anywhere else in the model (as a main (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY

When I use light trans-blue parts in MLCAD, they become dark trans-blue in POV-RAY. I can use another blue color, but its not quite right. I've seen other people complain about this, saying is a bug in L3P or something (which I'm using to convert (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Baroque Villa

This is a Baroque villa based on Villa Amerika, in Prague (1720). I'm afraid that not all of the ornamentation comes through in the LEGO version. It looks a bit more neo-classical rather than baroque. (URL) posting the model on (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Futuristic Capital Building

This is a futuristic capital building I created. (URL) utilizes a number of different classical architectural styles, and some art-deco, but the final look is decidedly futuristic. The central pillar is made from vertically mounted, curved, Paradisa (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact