 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 582
Re: Light trans blue in MLCAD comes out as trans dark-blue in POV-RAY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 02:45:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Ryan Farrington writes:

If you're wanting use the color for the common light blue transparent
pieces, I think the color for that would be 43 trans-cyan.

I'll give that a whirl, thanks very much!!!! However I would say this is
"wrong" on the face of it, since it's counterintuitive.

If this color 43 is really trans light blue, it ought to be named that in
common usage, including within all the tools. A thing ought to be
consistently named.

Using "trans light blue"  by name (41) renders correctly in MLCad, IMHO. The
color I see on the screen is the color I expect. I confess I have not yet
actually tried to find a trans dark blue since I hardly ever use it in
models... at least not yet. If I ever do some police vehicles I could see
using it though.

++Lar