 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1667 (-20)
  Fog yourself

Hi all, After some e-mails with Albert-Jan van Ree, in which he tried to figure out fog, I did some experimenting. The effect Albert-Jan was after (and actually me too) was making the background foggier than the foreground. I have tried it before (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

Hi Miguel - Hmm... I took a look at the additional images they provide, and I can't see any tell-tale parts that would give it away. So, I don't know, but it would be funny if they did :-) -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

I actually own the first book (Lego Modelers: Amazing Animals) and IMHO they use the same technique as the instructions for Jack Stone and Bionical sets. Jaco "Miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:HA6yny.89G@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

Hi all, I never knew these two Lego Modeler books for DK existed until literally 10 minutes ago (URL) sure looks like the illustrations created using some Ldraw-L3P-LGEO-POV combination (click the option "look inside" underneath the cover). I was (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Level B Simplification - LDraw Boxer

Tore Eriksson worte: (...) [...] Great! (...) Any chance to see the source code? Or binary versions for Tru64/Alpha, Linux/Alpha and Linux/x86? Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Level B Simplification - LDraw Boxer

Level B Simplification: Replace with plain boxes only those parts that has all its studs and inside totally hidden by other parts. I've just finished a program that scans for all non-transparent parts that has their studs and bottoms covered with (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Anyone willing to render a scene for me?

(...) Yeah. I used area lights in a previous scene one time. They worked well. ((URL) light_source { (...) That's really good to know! Thanks for the help. I'm going to try some things now... --Ryan ryanjf@ifriendly.com (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HA3I7F.GAD@lugnet.com... (...) I've also found that a *dim*, shadowless light at exactly the same position as the camera more or less guarantees that everything you *see* is also (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Anyone willing to render a scene for me?

miguel agullo wrote: [snip] Thanks for the suggestions, Miguel! They are very insightful and encouraging! --Ryan (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Anyone willing to render a scene for me?

(...) Well, it seems like you're off to a good start. (...) First thing you have to know is that you can set up a scene which would work fine in real life and not render properly in POV or any other program. This is because real lightning and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Anyone willing to render a scene for me?

I am not a POV guru or a programmer, so when I want to render two pictures of an indoor scene, but I have almost no clue how to do it. The scene is of 16 minifigs in a living room, sitting more or less in a circle. Ideally, the only light would be (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

(...) Try altering the assumed gamma value to darken the colors. -Orion (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: I got povray 3.5 and l3pao to get along, mostly but...

Hi Rob - I suggest you just export the POV file from L3PAO, and open it in POV 3.5 manually, instead of trying to render from L3PAO. Doing that works just fine for me. You may want to tweak a few things in the POV code, and may need to set your (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  I got povray 3.5 and l3pao to get along, mostly but...

I keep getting this error in Povray when l3pao opens povray for rendering an image: Loaded 8 tools from C:\PROGRAM FILES\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.5\INI\PVTOOLS.INI into Tool Menu. Calling rendering engine with parameters ' +I "CAR.pov" +W640 +H480 (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

Would you guys share your findings with me? I did a radiosity render lastnight, and the black elements came out gray... Thanks in advance -Rob "Jeroen de Haan" <info@digitalbricks.nl> wrote in message news:H9JA48.FKI@lugnet.com... (...) 0.900>. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: is the cadmoonbase project still runing?

hiho nice to see something new on the page. =) well whenn i find the time i'll start a module. Andreas "Patty Van Dyke" <pvandyke@pica.army.mil> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H9uL15.M91@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: is the cadmoonbase project still runing?

Go to (URL) the downloads page for the files you want. You can also email me through that page using the submit button on the submit page. Patty Van Dyke (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

thx =) "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H9t6w0.3x@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space)

  Re: is the cadmoonbase project still runing?

(...) Andreas - I think Patricia Van Dyke is still working on it. Also, added lugnet.space to the list. -Tim (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space)

  is the cadmoonbase project still runing?

hiho is someone still working on these project? i'm waiting to hear something new. has someone prepared parts like these connection interface? If yes where and when could it be downloaded? ... Andreas (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact