 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1660
Re: Anyone willing to render a scene for me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:37:24 GMT

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet

2. Place one dim shadowless light in the center of each wall of the room -

I've also found that a *dim*, shadowless light at exactly the same position
as the camera more or less guarantees that everything you *see* is also
*lighted*.

'shadowless' is your friend when a dark part needs to be lightened up a bit.

Also look at 'area_light' instead of jumping to radiosity. Still slows the
rendering, but not as much.

3. Ideally work with one light at the time.

That's absolutely the way to go. And remember that lights add up! If you
have four lights in the room, the sum of their intensities should still be
not too far from 1.0

I usually write my lights like:

light_source {
  <0,2000,5000>
  color rgb 0.55*<1, 1, 1>
}

i.e. I always have the full range for the color definition (<1, 1, 1> in
this case), and multiply with an intensity factor (0.55 in this case).

As I'm home with a cold for the moment, you may try to send me your scene.
If I'm home tomorrow too I could try some rendering... (my timezone is
GMT+1)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm