 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1172 (-20)
  Brickcaster Web Page: New render of castle MOC (with building instructions)

I have been asked what is the military usage of this MOC. I think the new page is now clear: this MOC is more political than military. (URL) arrows for building instructions (and switch to a high screen resolution). Damien (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc)

  mussy 1 x 2 brick with grill

Hi, Why oh why does the 1 x 2 brick with grill look mussy in my renderings (URL) good in other people renderings (URL) use POV-Ray 3.1 for Mac: render quality 9 with radiosity, anti-alias on with sampling threshold 0.3. The 116908 pic has no floor (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 3DSMax question

"Gary Thomas" <thomasg@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message news:Gr6Eu6.Lo5@lugnet.com... (...) BrickShelf: (...) the (...) direction. You might try 3DWin, its available on LDraw.org. But, it is shareware, and I don't know exactly what features you are (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  3DSMax question

Hey I just noticed a excellent quality render from 3D studio max on BrickShelf: (URL) know of a FAQ or doc on how to import .dat files into 3dsmax? I see the max to dat file converter on ldraw.org, but I'd like to go the other direction. Thanks, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lighting(Was Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for January 2002)

(...) Nope the're just plain point lights with an RGB value of 1,1,1. There are five lights in my scene. (URL) first four are used for the torches one being just out of the picture to the right. I placed one light inside each 1x1 round brick. The (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 3D applet of my ISCC entry

I like it. Lets see more!! -Chuck (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 3D applet of my ISCC entry

(...) Wowzers! That's pretty cool. (...) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears Michlug - (URL) Page - (URL) Store - (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.cad.ray)

  3D applet of my ISCC entry

Thanks to Chuck Sommerville and Helmut Dersch, I was inspired to do a couple of 3D renderings of my ISCC entry. Links are on the second page of the site: (URL) two images with borders link to renderings of the main temple and and the hidden (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there anyway to know the estimate time in POV-RAY?

(...) Try to render it at a small resulution, and then estimate the time needed to render it all by multiplying the time for the small one with the size increase you are planning. Take an example: Render the image at 120x80 pixels. Let's assume that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there anyway to know the estimate time in POV-RAY?

Is file XYZ and animation file. If so, then render just the first frame using Subset_Start_Frame = 1 Subset_End_Frame = 1 This will just render the 1st frame of you file. At the lower-right hand of POV once the file is done rendering it will tell (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Is there anyway to know the estimate time in POV-RAY?

How can i know how much time will take to render XYZ.POV file? (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How to add own parts to LGEO?

(...) Thanks, Steve! I'll try that; the POV-Ray code had been finished by now (pictures are on our site for anyone interested). The bytes of L2P_ELMT were driving me mad... Regards & thanks a lot, Vincent Project group site: (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Solution

Willy, Thanks for the info. I tried it and it works like a champ in Bryce 5. I will probably be writing a little command line script to automagically do the conversions for me. However, there is one thing I do not know how to deal with. When the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Brickcaster Web page: New building animations

My classic space page has dramatically changed. This is my last attempt to produce online light-weight and yet high quality building instructions. This my new standard for future original creations. (URL) anyone knows how to modify the javascript to (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: How to add own parts to LGEO?

(...) Hi, Vincent! (...) Sorry, I can't help you there. I'm not very knowledgeable on the workings of LGEO... BUT, you don't need to hack into LGEO to get the effect you want. If you've create your parts as both LDraw .dat files and POV-Ray files, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: DAT files to Bryce 5???

hi rick, (...) we solved this problem nearly a year ago. have a lock at the thread below: (URL) hesitat to contact me if you have further questions. bye, willy (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  How to add own parts to LGEO?

Hi people, can anyone tell me how to add my own POV-Ray brick files to LGEO, so my .dat files will be automatically converted to my .inc files when using L3P? I was unable to work out the file format of L2P_ELMT.TAB. (I read a suggestion earlier (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) I'm not entirely sure. It's actually a line segment with an emplied endpoint of <0,0,0>. I tried to duplicate the math that went into that vector, got stumped (I think there's at least one more assumption that POVRay makes with vaxis_rotate() (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

(...) easier to follow than redefining L3Location in terms of itself. That made my head spin until I worked it out on paper. Perhaps if l3p put a comment before these lines it might be easier to follow: // Set the camera location. #declare (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for Comment on my L3P camera tutorial

Gah, my previous attempt didn't get through due to slashdot... (...) Thanks! (...) Again, thanks! (...) Okay, that's like 6 for, and 0 against. It's in there. :-, Thanks, - jsproat (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact