 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1158
Re: How to add own parts to LGEO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:57:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Vincent van der Tuin writes:
Hi people,

Hi, Vincent!

can anyone tell me how to add my own POV-Ray brick files to LGEO, so my .dat
files will be automatically converted to my .inc files when using L3P? I was
unable to work out the file format of L2P_ELMT.TAB. (I read a suggestion
earlier that it should be changed to a textual format. I think that's a good
idea.)

Sorry, I can't help you there.  I'm not very knowledgeable on the workings
of LGEO...

BUT, you don't need to hack into LGEO to get the effect you want.

If you've create your parts as both LDraw .dat files and POV-Ray files, L3P
can handle it.  Use the 0 L3P IFPOV metastatement to embed your POV-Ray code
in your DAT file, something like this:

0 L3P IFNOTPOV
(regular ldraw code goes here)
0 L3P ELSEPOV
0 (POV-Ray code goes here, commented-out)
0 L3P ENDPOV

This way, both LDraw programs and L3P can use your part file.

Steve