 CAD / MLCad / 934
Re: **** MLCAD V2.00 is out now ****
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 23:34:16 GMT

Drat.  I can't believe that I was caught by this Windows "feature".

You are quite right Kyle, I had windows set to hide hidden and system files.
DLL's are considered system files, I guess.  Whenever I get a new machine, I
always set it to show me everything, and I had done that with this machine a
long time ago, but...

I got a Sony Mavica camera a few months ago... and well, it saves pictures on
floppy disk, and along with the pictures, it saves some kind of temp files on
the diskette also, and I had gotten tired of having to pick those useless files
out from between my picture files... voila... set myself up for this.

Thanks for pointing it out, and I think I have tweaked it properly for now...
(showing me all but hidden files now)

(trying to get over my embarrassment...)
-Andy Lynch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca>
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Andy Lynch writes:
Nevermind.  It was in the zip file.  Not sure what happened, but I found the
file.  Windows didn't want to display it in the explorer, but the dos window
would.  Odd.

Andy, it sounds like you still have your Windoze Explorer set to hide
extensions of certain file types (this is the default when Windoze
installs).  Go into the Options menu pick in Explorer, and tell it
to show all filenames, and to show all file extensions.  Then you
will see the complete list of files.  Right now, Explorer is basically
filtering the names for you, and not showing you certain files such
as .DLL's.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada