 CAD / MLCad / 68 (-20)
  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) Ahh, "tagged" information then, in other words? :) Cool....... --Todd (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) It would be better (IMO) to format non-LDraw information as LDraw-style meta-commands, and keep everything in the DAT format. That gives the file the widest transportability between programs. Steve (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:FMzp8A.HGF@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) rendering (...) LDLite already does this to a degree with its color, rotate, translate, etc. commands. If you allow the user to save as a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

This seems to be a bug, I will look at it, beside this I will take over the strategy suggested by Bram with using COLOR meta commands ... Michael Will Hess wrote in message ... (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

Michael, I can understand the need to use hex to define custom (non-TLC produced) colors, and I'm sure that you'll find a way to fix this. What I'd like to know is why the transparent versions of the standard colors are now saved in this manner. Now (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Loader)

(...) I suggest defining the custom colors the way LDLite does, ie: 0 COLOR ... That way, you can still use the color numbers in the .dat lines so that the file will still work in LDraw and LEdit, except that the colors will be off. --Bram Bram (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

(...) LDraw (...) I like it very much thank-you. (...) I think that: 1) The file format should be .mlc to retain 8.3 compatibility for those of us who are used to it. 2) You should not have to export the file to save as a DAT. Simply make DAT an (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

Ok my friends, whats up now ... 1) The color requester: Beside the problem of not beeing compatible to LDraw for the moment how do you like the new color box and dialogs? 2) The compatibility problem will be solved with the next version which should (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

Ok I understand, you still want backwards compatible files ... No problem ... I suggest a new file format extension for future MLCad versions: ".mlcad" ... default extension for any sort of MLCad files with export functions for ".mpd" and ".dat" (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) rendering (...) If this were to be implemented would MLCad still have an option to save in a standard DAT format (no hex code, etc) to allow for sharing MOC's with the majority of LEGO Cad users? I would love the ability to save my models as (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) Could you avoid writing out the file as a ".DAT" file extension if you are making extensions to the long established LDraw DAT file format? This would clear up confusion right away and avoid further incompatibility issues if other LDraw-clone (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  General Comments to MLCad

Since I got various responses and comments since the last version, I will try to explain some things here and also try to start some sort of interest collection. Version 1.6 and custom colors: It is true that custom colors are not useable for LView (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: almost did it!

MLCad also has the possibility of hiding parts during editing ... From a view or in the list right click and select "Hide". The parts are still shown in the list and can be modified there, but will not be drawn when working in the edit-mode. In the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

I'm hardly working on previewing the sub-models. The problem with it is that if you edit a sub-model which is used in another sub-model (e.g. you have two sub-models A and B. A includes B and you are editing B) you are modifying the view of the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

I thought LDLite is able to display this colors! If this is realy a problem I can change this to use comment lines defining these custom colors! Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  hex values (was: Re: Loader)

(...) Wonderful. So why does MLCad insert nonstandard data into LDraw DAT files? --Todd (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD & terrain

Ive used MLCAD to create a .BMP -> .DAT terrain file. It works okay in MLCAD, but when I try to load it into LDraw, I receive an error reading 216@0001:889D error. Why is that? Thanks, Mike (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

I don't think that MLCad is able to show anything but X'es for sub-models (= document) at this moment. Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen ___...___ E-mail - Home: Djelle@Get2Net.dk ICQ: 38701158 J G Gregory <jgg@ultranet.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

That's IT! THank you so much. That is exactly what I wanted to be able to do. But I wish someone would answer the preview X question. What is the proper way to make previews of things? --Jack Gregory Mogens Sørensen <Djelle@get2net.dk> wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

No need for breaking it up if you use MLCad. On top of the window with used parts is Active Model. Just select the model here. Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen ___...___ E-mail - Home: Djelle@Get2Net.dk ICQ: 38701158 Shaun Daniel Sullivan (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact