 CAD / MLCad / 49
Re: How to break up multi-dat files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:16:33 GMT

No need for breaking it up if you use MLCad. On top of the window with used
parts is Active Model. Just select the model here.

Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen
E-mail - Home: Djelle@Get2Net.dk
ICQ: 38701158

Shaun Daniel Sullivan <sullis3@mit.edu> wrote in message
Hi Jack,

I used LDraw to make the model, so I'm not sure what the preview X's are • in
MLCad.  I can help you with your other question though.

There are a bunch of programs you can use to collect multi-part models • into one
file.  The one I used is MP Builder by Jacob Sparre Anderse.  It can be
downloaded at

http://hugin.ldraw.org/meyer/LEGO/V%e6rkt%f8j/

To reverse this process, you can use Jacob's MPD Splitter, which can also • be
downloaded from that same site.  To run it, just put a copy of it in the • same
directory asthe MPD files, and type:

splitmpd <LEGOATST.mpd

Of course, substitute whatever the filename is in place of LEGOATST.

If you have trouble with this, let me know, and I can put the non-MPD • files on
my webpage.

Hope this helps,
shaun

sullis3@mit.edu

J G Gregory wrote:

I apologize for lack of terminology.  Here is the question:

I downloaded the AT-ST model posted a couple days ago, and want to build • it.
But it is a "multi" file or whatever they are called, and only has 5 or • so
parts at the top level.  I really want to drill down into these and see • how
they are made.  But short of manually editing the dat file, how can I do
this?

One more thing.  The preview pictures show big red x's.  (MLCAD 1.5) How • can
I get proper pictures put in there?

Is there a document which contains answers to these questions?

--Jack Gregory