 CAD / MLCad / 178
Re: MLCad Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:37:05 GMT

Cool, how about writing a plug-in for MLCad? If you are interested than just
drop a note here, and I pass on the information required for a dat->xxx
converter. It's still not finished but we can find a matching solution for
both of us.
Mainly you have to deal with lines, triangles, quads and optional lines (specs
are available at www.ldraw.org).
The question is how we deal with intersections of surfaces, since MLCad uses • z-
buffering to find out if a point is visible or not. Taking it directly from
the dat file, this information is not available. I mean sometimes a complete
surface is not drawn, sometimes just a part of it ...

Tell me what you think ..

Michael

Hi Michael

I am very interested in doing this, however i am not a genius in programming,
its a hobby (together with lego of course) not a profession.
It could take a while before things are going. But if you have the patience...
I really have to jump into this.  I can program a bit in Delphi. So that's what
i will use. Still do not know what a z-buffer is and how i can make a
plug in, etc...

I use often ps files for my work. And It seems to me that all the faces are
processed. The top face (the one you want to see) will appear at the end
of the process.

Guido