 CAD / MLCad / 171
Re: MLCad Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:27:52 GMT

"Michael Lachmann" wrote...
- The "help" option results in "Online help is not available because MSIE4.0
or higher was not found".  Just tying it to the default browser would be
nice.

Bad thing, but it will not work, since I use a active-X control based on
MSIE4.0. However you should try to upgrade to a higher version of MSIE.

If it fails, you could try launching the user's preferred browser by calling:
   ShellExecute(0, "open", "MLCAD.htm", NULL, NULL, 0);
However, you will miss the Index and Contents buttons (which I cannot get to
work anyway (NT4/IE5))

You may need to provide the full path to MLCAD.htm.
The ShellExecute also works for URL's:

void LaunchInternetBrowser(char *Url)
{
   int Res;
   char Str[400];

   Res = (int) ShellExecute(0, "open", Url, NULL, NULL, 0);
   if (Res <= 32)
   {
      sprintf(Str, "Sorry, failed to launch Internet Browser with\n"
         "%s\nError=%d", Url, Res);
      AfxMessageBox(Str, MB_OK|MB_APPLMODAL|MB_ICONEXCLAMATION, 0);
   }
}
void CL3App::OnHelpInternetL3()
{