 CAD / MLCad / 1263 (-20)
  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

(...) Hey, neat tip! Thanks. (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  "tangenting"

Is there an easy way to rotate by dragging in MLCAD? I have a situation where I want something to be tangent to two things and it's a complex 3 dimensional angle to calculate. I know the endpoints, more or less. What I would like to be able to do is (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

(...) For those that can't download just yet, the zoom is a relatively easy fix to prevent the GPF! Simply click on a piece BEFORE you do any zoom! From what I gathered, the entire model isn't referenced before the zoom takes effect, thus, an (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

(...) Was that a serious question? Given the number of different things on this laptop (Apache AND IIS, WebSphere AND WebLogic, MQSeries, Oracle AND SQLServer, etc. etc.) my policy on software is only upgrade when you have to. Don't dump something (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

This bug is fixed in V2.12. There was a packaging problem at the beginning of V2.12 but that is also fixed now. So ... go on and download the latest version please! Michael "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Another Bug...

(...) Yes, I did. It was that packeging error-whatever that was. And I've used GS SPlit to split all the files I need. Only problem is that pov-ray is slow on that computer.(of coarse) John Kruer (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Another Bug...

<snip> (...) OS stands for Operating System like WIndows 95, Windows 98, etc... In any case did you finally get it to work on the 95 machine? -Ahui (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Another Bug...

(...) Thanks! You're right. Mine was downloaded at 8:45 in the morning on March 2. I got the old one. However, it (the older verision) worked perfectly fine on this (internet, win 98) computor. Maybe its the opperating system? My other one was a 95 (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Another Bug...

Hello John, there has been two 2.12 versions of ML-Cad. The first one was up only for a few hours and crashed for unknown reason. Maybe you caught that version. Try to re-download ML-Cad from the ML-Cad homepage and make sure it's really (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Another Bug...

(...) Tried the files... had none, but MlCad still crashed after I got them on the system. What are OS files?( I'm only twelve, and I don't have experience in many things) I had version 2.12. Also, my MlCad exe is 1.06 megabytes, more than yours. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

(...) Well that was what I was getting at, my read of the problem he fixed neither confirmed or denied that the core fixed in 2.12 was my particular coredump. But two people now have asserted it is, and I imagine ML is pretty busy so that's good (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

(...) The crash is caused by an overwriting of a section in the graphic memory or something like this. Ask Michael if you need a proper explanation 'cos I'm just a humble user and not an author. He has fixed the problem in 2.11 alpha 3 and therefor (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

<snip> (...) Ahh, whats the harm in download the latest version? AHui =) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

(...) I read through the back issues of this group before posting and got the impression that the crash being fixed was a different one than one related to zoom. (and I have to admit, I chuckle at the term... after all, what crash is "solicited" ?? (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

(...) This problem has been fixed in V2.12.. This is what is news to 2.12 - Sorting of parts by color, name or position - Automatic insertion of steps ****BUGS Fixed***** - Unsolicted crash - .LDR not supported in some cases - Some corrections save (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  GPF on manual zoom in MLCad 2.11

I have a fairly complex model as an MPD I am working on with lots of submodels, and when I have it set to "draw to current part", I am experiencing GPFs (or mysterious terminations) of MLCad 2.11 when I use manual zoom. I will be zooming in or out, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Another Bug...

(...) Hum.. may not be MLCad may be your system? But to be sure let see. My version of MLCad 2.12 is stable so let's make sure you have the same one. My says... MLCAD.exe 1,068KB Application 12/1/2001 6:34AM ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Another Bug...

Well, after finally getting Ldraw and MLCad to my other (non-internet) computor, MlCad decides to crash. It asks me if I want to register the file types. Then, when you click yes OR no, it crashes (illegal opperation) and whenever I try to open it, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Resetting view?

(...) Even easier way - right-click in the view, select "View angle" from the menu, and change it from back to front. Also means your model will display the right way 'round in all the other viewers out there 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Resetting view?

Oh, ignore me - I'm being thick (well, it is nearly midnight and my brain is scrambled). Just select all the pieces and rotate them around - yeah yeah, I know that now!! Sorry to have troubled you all, I'm going away now. Thanks again, Andrew. (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact