 CAD / MLCad / 103
Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:20:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Anders Isaksson wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote in <lugnet.cad.mlcad> ...

There's been discussion of having a protocol for dragging parts between L-CAD
applications, it would be cool to have an "LD Palette" program which • displayed
all the remaining parts, which you could then drag onto MLCAD.  As you • dragged
the parts, they would disappear from "LD Palette".

Piece o' cake! I gave it an hour...

LDList ver 3.6 can load a set description,  containing a lot of lines like:

<count> <piece number>

and will limit the display to the parts that are noted in the set list (also
displays the counts).

Cool.  Uhh, what about color?  Augh!  I don't want to think about that right
now.

Now, if you only fix the drag-and-drop in LDAO, you would also be able to see
that you can drag parts from LDList, and the number gets decremented for each
part dropped (if accepted). This can be tested by dropping on the LDList
rendering.

OK, I'll work on getting this feature added to LDAO.

No way to put pieces back though, you'll have to start from the beginning
again.

How about if LDList accepted the dragged parts as well as supplied them?  When a
part is dragged onto the LDList list-window, that part would be added to the
set.  Run two LDList sessions at once, drag parts from one LDList (the "parts
library" window) to the other (the "set builder" window).

Hmm.  What about color?

BTW, is there an acknowledged format for a 'set inventory' file?

Not really, but it seems like you'd be pretty safe going with tab-delimited,
including field names for the first line.

Example:

PartID PartName Colour Quantity
3001 Brick  2 x  4 Red 5

... which doesn't line up nicely in the news-message, but is more
machine-readable than space-delimited.

Steve